Monday, June 4, 2012

Saint Anthony has come to my aid again!

Ever since I learned Saint Anthony can help us find lost things, I did take advantage of the Franciscan brother’s divine power on many occasions with amazing outcomes.

Recently, I decided to revisit orphan Annie’s profound idea of “the Joy of Strife.”

After I nearly reread the entire book filled with life’s many simple pleasures like friendship, kindness, hard works and the colorful and fragrant country sides, I was not able to locate these four little words in Maud Montgomery’s 1908 book.

The book, Anne of Green Gables, is indeed a pleasure read. But the insightful phrase I was looking for in the book had somehow eluded me. Then as soon as I thought of enlisting the most reverend saint’s intervention, these four inviting words appeared almost instantaneously on the page in front of me right under my nose.

I suppose I “Was blind but now I see.” * - Ayee

*From Amazing Grace How Sweet the Sound by John Newtow (1725-1807)

No comments: