Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Home-Made Mouthwash

Someone looking for an alcohol-free mouth rinse may want to try this one made of apple cider vinegar. Originally, this simple mixture is prepared for soothing sore throats But it can also be doubled up as a mouthwash as the author suggested.

Recently, I had to give up a true and tried mouthwash that I have used for years but it is laden with alcohol. Luckily in The Vinegar Book*, I found an alcohol-free one that I can prepare myself.

In addition to being inexpensive and easy to make, it does not require any ingredients with mind boggling named chemicals that we often see in the ones on store shelves. We can get all the ingredients no further than our kitchen cupboard and bathroom sink.

And the recipe of my new mouthwash is as follows:

Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a cup of warm water.

- Ayee

*The kitchen edition by Emily Thacker

No comments: