Tuesday, August 12, 2014

It's more than I can see.

My recent dealing with our   Internet Services Provider (ISP) upset me.  It make us, long and loyal customers, felt being "bullied."  I do not know if others also had the same uncomfortable feeling toward to their ISP as I do.  But I do know someone who also dislikes his ISP.

Now these days, television commercials are crowded with many new viewing options.  One of them enabled the viewers to turn on five shows simultaneously.  These multiple-channel services had surely befuddled me.  I have yet know any one who can watch and enjoy that many shows at the same time.  I suspect this is why our dependable television set was acting up lately.  The malfunction of our old faithful will definitely give our ISP a cause to upgrade our services and get us, unsuspected users, sign up for additional services that we do not need and want.

About a few months ago, out television started to lose signals at its own free will.  After all self-help measure to restore the signal had failed, I resorted to our ISP 's support group for help.  In spite of the fact that its modems connected to our television set were only a couple of years old, I was advised that changing the old modems to the new ones will fix the problem.

Yet, contrary to what I was told that my initial contact with our ISP did give us a few weeks of reprieve.  This suggests that it is possible to maintain our existing services without new modems.  Now the same problem has resurfaced.

Normally, businesses will do their best to appease their customers.  But to me our ISP definitely did not act like a normal enterprise.  It just wouldn't take a NO for an answer.

Since our complaining to our ISP did not get us to anywhere, maybe the time has come for us to look elsewhere.  So we can  continue enjoying this simple pleasure as we did in the past.  -  Ayee

No comments: