Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mega Lottery, A Vice or A Joy?

Now we all know there are three lucky winners for the last week’s Mega Lottery. Each of them will take home a whopping $216 million before uncle Sam’s take. Hopefully, the huge amount of money the new riches won can and will do a lot of good for themselves and their communities.

Too bad, my ticket was not one of these three winning tickets.

Am I disappointed? Of course, I am. Am I in despair because I lost my bet? I am certainly not. Even though, the mesmerizing thought on the possibility that I got an equal chance winning the jackpot had never escaped from me, I do not condone people who gambled their hard-earned cash away like there is no tomorrow. But in this mega draw, the dollar I spent for my ticket did fetch me great joy. Before the winning numbers were unveiled, I, like many others, had dreamed of the good deeds I could do with the money from the windfall. Those dreams of pies in the sky not only made my dreams sweeter but had also brought many smiles to my face. - Ayee

No comments: