Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Food for Thought - Agony of Indigestion

Recently I suffered a bad case of indigestion. I never knew the symptom of this seemingly common ailment can be that agonizing.

My on-and-off heartburn started not long after I had some dental works. And it did not take long for my body giving out subtle signs that told me there was something wrong somewhere. At first, the churning in the stomach got ignored since it did not last. But as the days went by, the bothering feeling lingered and became unbearable. Making a long story short, I regret that I did not seek medical cares on my upsetting stomach sooner.

By not taking care of the queasy feeling on the onset, this common and preventable discomfort can harm the entire digestive system. It can even elevate blood pressures.

Now I know a simple personal habit like how we chew our foods can exert great influences, both good and bad, over our physical well-being. - Ayee

No comments: