Sunday, November 28, 2010

Food for Thoughts

Whenever I was having toasts for breakfast, I often wonder why toasted breads are such a common fare on our kitchen table. The very first reason I can think of is that toasts are the simplest food to prepare. It is a very versatile one as well. The delicious way to dress a piece of golden-brown toast is endless. A working toaster is all we need to make perfect toasts any time of the day. The others, sliced breads, even the day-old ones, butter, and jams or jelly whichever we fancy, are easily accessible. Besides being tasty, they are inexpensive sources of many basic and beneficial nutrients such as carbohydrates and fibers. Toast is also portable and a good finger food. In the morning when we are late for office, we can always grab a piece of toasts and run. To sustain me till noon, all I need are a couple slices of well toasted and buttered bread with two eggs and a hot beverage.

Since I love to eat and always pay attention to nutritious foods, I did look into the health attributes of the lowly toasts have to offer. I find psychologically the burnt and crunchy surface of my favorite bread sates my need to chew. Lastly, the ubiquitous brown crumbs from the toasts also act as a friendly cleansing agent that sucks out any harmful toxin from my digestive tracts. - Ayee

No comments: