Friday, May 15, 2015

To Question or Not to Question

I may have heard it wrong.

A few days I was at a veterinarian office picking up some medication for our little pussy cat.  While waiting to be waited on, I heard a fellow patron  before me asking why her bill was so high.   Her kitty's night out got  herself a very nasty lick from a neighborhood raccoon.    And it would cost  $282 plus change  to keep the kitty well.

And I cannot  believe what came next.  After the cat owner's questioning, another staff decided to recheck this  higher than expected bill and told the cat owner indeed there was a mistake in the bill.  Instead it should be  around $160 some dollars.  

Normally, I do not always ask or check the bills that were being  presented to me for payment.  But from what I witnessed at the pet hospital that day, perhaps the time has come that I should be more diligent on questioning or checking the bills before I pay them.  -  Ayee

No comments: