Thursday, November 15, 2012

More does not mean better.

I do not know if others had the same experiences as I did after my desktop computer was updated with the latest software.

Matter of fact, I am very appreciative of the smart engineers who invented many useful and smart gadgets for us. I do, however, wonder why our computers would need that many updates. My computer is full of them. And the latest ones my computer got did not seem to be very user-friendly either.

After I downloaded the latest Internet software onto my computer a month so ago, accessing to the Net became a snail-paced process. Despite the high-speed services I have on my desktop, now it takes me much longer to get into the cyberspace. And my trouble does not end here. Once on line, the top part of the screen is full of colorful icons that have no uses to me. I am sure the programs these icons represent take up a lot of free spaces on the hard drive.

It must be my third or fourth attempt. A few days ago, I tried again to give my feedback to this blogger’s site, I ended up having four Internet connections at the same time. No wonder, my computer is getting slower.

This newly redesigned site with pleasing orange colored text looks very “busy” to me too. It is teeming with many extra options and tools which the users did not ask for. It is nice to have accesses to all these extra software programs. But who has the extra time needed to explore them? - Ayee

No comments: