Saturday, December 5, 2009

Good News

This morning for a change I woke up hearing the news that I was happy to hear.

It is not about the overdue world peace that has just arrived in time for Christmas. It is about the suspension of a local veterinarian’s license to practice. And this is not the first time this particular vet was headlined in the news either. I remember a few years ago, it was shown on the television a crowd of angry placard-yielding pet owners demonstrating outside his 24/7 so-called low-cost animal hospital.

About eleven years ago, I used this vet once at the recommendation of an animal rescue group. Unwittingly, I did find the vet had treated my dear Purdy badly. I heard my cat’s wretched cry when the vet was drawing a pee sample from her in a back room. When the vet returned Purdy to me, she became a larger cat than her usual petite self. All her fur hairs were sticking out from her body like she was wearing a space suit. Cats do not puff up their coats for no-good reasons.

Apparently my cat was not his only victim. This vet and his staff had also caused excruciating pain and unnecessary suffering to many other beloved family pets. Sadly to know that informal demonstration did not result in any legal or professional sanction against this vet sooner. So he got to operate his inhumane animal hospital until yesterday when his license to practice was finally suspended. - Ayee

No comments: