Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Unconditioned Love

Yesterday, outside a store I noticed a mid-size pit-bull sat on a pile of neatly bundled personal belongings.

The dog's sleek body against the backdrop of bricked walls reminded me of the sphinxes outside the pyramids on the Nile.  Furthermore, its intense and attentive  body emitted a staunch message to the passers -by that it was on a serious mission.  It looked like it was watching over the gold in Fort Knox.  Otherwise, it seemed to me the poochie was so attentive to its duty, it was not at all agitated or disturbed by what was going on around it.  But what concerned me most was that it was unleashed and it was alone on a busy sidewalk.

Because I do not want to see any animals got hurt in traffic, I had a habit of calling our local dog pound when I saw a stray dog around.  Then I remembered.  When I walked by where this handsome dog was, I passed by a middle-aged woman panhandling about half of a block away.

From that moment on, I realized that dog is in good hands.  Even though at the time when its owner was somewhat down and out herself, she had cared for furry friend well. -  Ayee

No comments: