Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Merry Christmas to All!

Last week I got an unexpected reminder that Santa Claus is coming to town soon!

On the day I went to the lab to have some blood work done, the technician who had just jabbed a sharp needle into my vein sent me home with a Merry Christmas instead of a friendly good-bye. Because there were still a few more days before the month of the Advent, greetings like Merry Christmas did put me off-guarded a bit. But it did not diminish the good will imbedded in these two simple words thou!

This year I was somewhat sluggish on preparing the upcoming Yuletide season. This untimely but sincere greeting had just given me a jolt that I badly needed. It prompted me to realize the season that allows us to take a pause after a trying year is just around the corner. The festive celebration during Christmas holiday also provides us tons of excuses to splurge a little on ourselves and others. In addition, I was pleased to see that I was not the only one who sends “Merry Christmas” wishes to others during the season of love, peace and miracls. - Ayee.

No comments: