Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A True Angel

I do not know if others had experienced the same uncomfortable moment as I did today. Luckily, a total stranger stepped up for me and made my day.

Influenza is making me sniff and cough. And facial tissues become one of the must-have items to help me dry my chaffed nose. In the past before I stepped out for errands, I always had some soft tissues with me just in case of an emergency.

Today in my outing I forgot including a few paper tissues in my care package. And as soon as I sat down at a public office to conduct my business, I felt right away I could use a Kleenex right there. And believe or not, before I even had a second to ask for a paper tissue from anyone, a senior lady sitting a few feet away from me stepped up and offered me one of the many tissues she has had in her pocket. I was totally overwhelmed by this stranger's response to my uncomfortable plight. I wonder how she would know that I was in urgent need of a soft tissue.

Of course, the caring action of this kind person had startled me. But I am also most grateful to her for her timely assistance to get me out of some uncomfortable and embarrassing moments.

And may God bless that dear lady! - Ayee

No comments: