Monday, June 27, 2011

Friendly Pet Owners

People who have pets seem to be more relaxed and congenial. So it ‘s not hard for pet owners engage causal conversation with strangers, particularly other pet owners.

The other day at the store buying some supplies for the kitty, the customer in front of me asked me to take her place to pay for my purchase, a heavy box of kitty litter. It happened she is also a pet owner. I was so envious of her when she told me she and her family live with two dogs and two cats. Of course, I am most appreciative of her kindness to let me get out of the store sooner.

On another occasion during a visit to the vet, while waiting for our turn an elderly lady with her calico cat told me not to feed the cat dry foods. She said dry ones are too hard. I did not get the chance to ask why her cat was at the surgery. I bet her pretty cat, cuddled up to the back of her carrier, was suffering some kinds of dental problems from devouring on too many hard kibbles. She said to mix some wet ones with the dry foods. It happens gum disease is no stranger to me. One of our kitties, Purdy, the super mom, suffered this painful disease before she disappeared. She overindulged on dry foods made specially for senior cats. Luckily, that particular cat food is no longer available for sale.

This kind lady also took upon herself and moved my pet taxi. She put it right outside the exam room. So my gravely ill cat could slip into his carrier without being spooked by the dogs in the waiting room.

What a thoughtful person that kind lady is! - Ayee

No comments: