Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recipe for Success

Recently I got myself a pleasant surprise when I went to a neighborhood laundry mat to wash a few area rugs. It was the same one I had used before. The proprietors there were pleasant but their service area was poorly lit. Its Spartan facility could also use a coat of fresh paint to spruce the place up a bit.

On that day the moment I walked into that shop, I was taken aback by what I saw. The place is bright and spotless. The shining chrome frame on many washing machines gleams with the soft lights from the many florescent tubes above. A coat of pastel blue-colored paint also emits some pleasantry in the air.

I learned later that this essential business provider has a new owner. Obviously, the simple improvements the new owners made to their investment over the last two months have brought them the expected results. While one of the mild-manner owners took care of the drop-off business, the other patiently explained to a customer of the different features an oversize washing machine provides. It is certain that their newly acquired business is booming!

As a consumer, this much improved laundry mat is a good news to me. Now I know there is a pleasant place to bring my future laundry business to. Unlike the many businesses, small and large, that I have known, invariably their services deteriorated after there was a change of the ownership. - Ayee

No comments: