Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gift and Re-Gift

Santa Claus is coming!

This Christmas may be a lean and mean one for many of us. Even though we all have been good, our gifts from Santa this year may not be what we have asked for. But do bear in mind, a thoughtful gift is always the best one. It is the goodwill of giving that counts not what is in a glittery box.

The upcoming Christmas holiday will not only give us a sense of renewal. It will also bring us a much-needed respite from the gloomy news that we were subject to over the past several months.

I would say I am a very lucky person as far as gifts are concerned. I am grateful to my dear relatives and friends who had showered me with many gifts past and present. Unfortunately, some of the nicest gifts I ever received had no uses to me. This is why I like to "share" my gifts with others. So far I have been very good at matching the recipients with the re-gifts. In addition I do not do it clandestinely. I let my recipients know that I am sharing the gifts with them.
Now for financial and environmental reasons, this Christmas may be a good time to start re-gifting or giving smaller and simpler gifts to our loved ones. Happy Giving! - Ayee

No comments: